- Read and listen to Gurbani (Guru’s Words) with faith.
- Do Kirtan (devotional music) by yourself.
- You are not to waste time without Naam. Do SIMRAN (remembering Vaheguru) with every breath. Do not waste time on fruitless activities.
- Put one's consciousness at Guru's feet. Serve the SANGAT (holy congregation) with dedication.
- Have a giving attitude and forsake the desire to take and seize.
- Go to Gurdwara (Guru's door, Sikh temple) to listen to Kirtan and do SEVA (selfless service).
- Consider yourself the slave of Vaheguru. Everything is Theirs and Their gifts to you.
- Know Vaheguru as your best friend. Friends will never hurt you.
- Submit everything to Vaheguru, even yourself, as a sacrifice. Have no attachment to anything